Friday, October 15, 2010

A few thoughts for Friday

My friend had posted on FB an article about a British man losing 10 years of his life to prescription drug addiction found at The Daily Mail. Although I agree this man suffered through a lot and will never regain those 10 years, I do think that the article is going a little far to say that prescription drugs do only harm. I do not agree with doctors handing out prescriptions for temporary stress. I'm also not really sure why a man would go to a doctor for being confused about his marriage but to each his own. I have suffered through mental problems in the past and currently and I know that prescription drugs can do a great deal for those that actually have a chemical imbalance and cannot just "change" their thoughts or ways on their own. When you are in that situation and you cannot control your own thoughts or feelings you feel helpless. No one else understands why you act this way and are so unrealistic. So you sit miserably looking for something that can help you and give you a boost to be able to be yourself again. I do not know why a person would be on Valium for depression but I think anti-depressants are a good thing and help many people. I do not believe I have found the one for me yet but I am trying to. I just spoke yesterday to SO about many problems Ive been keeping to myself, feelings of depression and more uncontrollable thoughts. I know I'm not done yet in my search for happiness and it frustrates me every time I start to feel like "that person" again. You know you are capable of being a happy, secure person but you are fighting the unending fight to get back there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment