Friday, June 18, 2010

Emotional Baggage

I was thinking about my reactions to last nights tiff and how a lot of my feelings were related to past history and my baggage that I have moved into our house together. As I googled I stumbled upon Tom Haskins blog growing changing learning creating and read over numerous posts on emotional baggage. It definitely makes me think and wonder if I will be able to overcome this. I do not want to sabotage my relationship because of things that have happened to me in the past. I am only here because of my past and I want to think that's exactly where I am supposed to be. There was also a post or two on control freaks which I absolutely admit to being! and I think it made sense, hopefully some of these posts can be a starting point for me and even for SO to help him understand me a little bit more. He already understands me a lot but I don't think it will hurt and could also be discussion points for moving forward. I feel a lot more calm after we talked things out and after reading some ways to try and release some of my toxic negative experiences from my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment